WordPress is a free Open Source Content Management System (CMS) used by millions of people around the world to create websites and blogs. It means anyone can use as well as customize WordPress for free. It is completely customizable by the use of themes and plugins.
Over 34% of the websites are constructed using WordPress. So, it can be observed that WordPress is a popular CMS that is famous for developing blogging sites and websites.
Features Of WordPress
Due to its features, you can be considered WordPress to be the most popular content management system on the web.
- You can create any dynamic website without any programming and design knowledge.
- WordPress is a theme-based tool, which provides you options for various open-source and premium design themes, which can be installed easily without any designing knowledge.
- You can extend the functionality of WordPress with the help of Plugins. which can be used to add new modules.
- WordPress sites are SEO friendly, and it means these sites can be easily optimized for search engine listings.
- WordPress is a Multilingual tool, which allows users to translate content in their language easily with the help of a plugin.
- WordPress has an inbuilt Media Management System, which is used to manage images, music, documents, etc., and can be used with text content.
What is a CMS?
A content management system (CMS ) is an application with the ability to create, modify and publish your website content. also supports multiple users with different roles according to requirements and allowing them to work in collaboration.
Key Features of CMS
- Multiple Themes
- Powerful Publishing Tools
- Multi-language Content Creation
- Publishing Controls
- Built-in SEO Tools
- Social Media Integration
- Detailed Analytics
- App Marketplace
- Pre-made Templates
- Content Staging